Back then, building websites used to be such a daunting thing. Whether it’s a basic website or something complex, the first thing that will come to mind is how a professional should be called in to do that for us lest we find ourselves confused with all the codes that are needed to make a website, and even a single page, up and running.
It’s a good thing that page builders are now a thing. These drag and drop builders let you build and design professional quality pages without having prior experience in web design or development. What’s great about them is that they are drag and drop builders, meaning you just pick out a module you want to add to your page, drag it to any spot you want in your page and drop. It’s that easy.
It’s so easy to use that even beginners and non-beginners alike have taken to using such builders!
Why Use A WordPress Page Builder?
As mentioned earlier, a WordPress Page Builder lets you do away with complicated codes which were then required in order to create a website. Rather than using the default WordPress editor which only lets you customise written content, a WordPress Page Builder lets you create custom designs for every page in your website that wouldn’t be possible otherwise with just the basic WordPress editor.
With that in mind, let’s take two of the most popular drag and drop builders for WordPress and discuss features, pros and cons to see which one brings the most bang for your buck!
Beaver Builder, launched in April 2014, boasts of a user-friendly interface that seasoned pros and beginners alike are using it to build professional-quality pages. What’s more is that even developers hold it in such high regard resulting for Beaver Builder to rake in over half a million users.
The Beaver Builder offers two (2) services to help you build your websites with ease, namely the Beaver Builder Plugin – the page builder and designer editor, and the Beaver Themer which helps you build headers, footers, blog layouts and theme templates.
- Drag-and-drop feature lets you arrange content such as text and images with ease
- Beaver Builder lets you edit pages and posts
- The Beaver Builder Theme lets you build your site with available styles and themes
- Column-based layouts for multiple number of columns are available
- You do not need knowledge of complicated codes such as HTML or CSS
- Beaver Builder lets you edit on the front-end giving you a preview of what your page/post will look like upon publishing
- All content published through Beaver Builder is mobile-optimised
- All designs and edits made with Beaver Builder will stay as is even when you decide to deactivate the plugin
- All content is SEO optimised
- Beaver Builder is compatible with WooCommerce letting you build your own eCommerce websites
- Beaver Builder has import/export features
- Beaver Builder is very easy to use
- There are a lot of content widgets to choose from and are easily accessible to use
- You can create and save templates of your designs and layouts for future use
- Easy-to-follow video guides are available
- Beaver Builder is on the pricey side
- The standard license does not include Beaver Themer and support for multisite
Elementor Pro is a WordPress Page Builder which is relatively new as compared to Beaver Builder as it was only launched last June 2016 garnering over 300,000 users in just a little over a year since its release. One of its main selling points is that it offered features in its free version which were otherwise only offered in premium versions of its other contemporaries.
In this review, we will be discussing the Pro version which unlocks all the features it has to offer.
- Elementor Pro boasts of a modern and easy-to-use UI
- Elementor Pro lets you create column-based layouts
- Elementor Pro offers a wide variety of content widgets they call elements
- Drag-and-drop functionality lets you build and design page layouts with ease
- Front-end editor lets you see what your page looks like in real-time as you edit
- Click and drag elements to resize or position anywhere in your page
- Elementor Pro offers a selection of templates
- Elementor Pro is compatible with WooCommerce
- Elementor Pro is easy to use
- Professional-quality templates
- Video guides available for tutorials
- There are no selections for full-screen templates
- It is not feature-rich as compared to other builders
In the end, choosing your preferred WordPress builder will depend on the value for money and how many features a builder will have to offer to make your websites as professional looking as possible. Your choice should also satisfy the needs of your website such as design, customisation, mobile optimisation and other features that will make your website stand out from the rest of your competition.
So, which drag and drop builder has taken your fancy? Comment your preference and experience with the builders below!